Daily Update: Wow! What a weekend.

Yesterday I thought I might be able to sleep in. My favorite daughter is still full of surprises. She informed the wife and I that she’d planned a beach party and her friends would be arriving at our house at 10am. Gee. Swell.

So it was up early, make sure the house was in descent order, and her friends showed up. The wife had gone to the store to get eating supplies and beverages.

We were going to go to Silver Strand where we normally go to the beach. Unfortunately the beach was closed for a large event. I’m not sure who it was, but there were a lot of RVs, busses, and a giant inflatable. It looked like it was going to be a good time.

Instead we went to Coronado Beach. I’d only ever been there once. I think. Not many people were out. The forecast said it would be cloudy. I neglected sunscreen because the sun only poked its head out for a short time. We had sandwiches (minus as much sand as possible) and the girls all played volleyball. I read, and watched them play. When the marine layer over took the sun completely and the wind went from gentle to HOLY CARP THAT’S COLD we decided to head back to the house. We got the girl’s come pizza and my favorite daughter thought it would be fun to play Karaoke on the Wii. We stopped at target to pick up a copy.

At target the girls all piled out of the Tahoe and I went to go park. What did I see in the parking lot? The WIENER MOBILE! That’s right, the Oscar Mayer wiener was parked in front of the grocery store next door. I went over and sent a text to the wife to have the kids come over when they were done.

They came out of target and we all took pictures with the giant wiener. The girls all got wiener whistles.

We dropped the girls off at the house and we went out to dinner with The Millicans. We went to the Viejas outlet and had sushi.l After dinner the wives wanted to go to the candy store in the outlet. As a joke The Millican and I said we were going to go to the big boy candy store. The Black and Decker outlet.

Funny thing, we went in and the store was having a 50% off going out of business sale. We started looking at all the prices and the deep cuts on everything in the store and thought about what we’d like to get. The wives came back from the candy store and found the two of us looking at everything. They joined in the madness and we hauled everything back to the truck and went home.

The next morning the girls heated up some pizza in the microwave for breakfast. I opened up the new toaster over and heated up myself a piece. I’m going to love that and for $30 the price couldn’t be better.

My favorite daughter had practice so I had dropped her off. Because we’d gotten thrown out of the store because they were closing we went back to the Black and Decker store. We spent a lot of time buying stuff and loading that all up into the Tahoe and The Millians and we went to play at viejas. We went from slot machine to slot machine and after a lot of play we were all up and happy about that.

My favorite daughter limped out of practice. We were at the casino and this was the first practice I missed. We were having a good time and now I feel bad that she had gotten hurt. She sprained her ankle and might miss a practice or two. She’s not in bad shape. Some soreness, some swelling, some limping. She’ll be fine. My baby is growing up and I won’t always be there to help her. I know I need to learn to let go but it’s not always as easy as it sounds.

Back at the Millicans’ house, his daughter’s boyfriend loves to play with car stereos. Well, the tahoe’s stereo has trouble. It doesn’t always work. It’s a pain to try and tune into a station and since we’ve had it the speaker in the driver’s side door hasn’t worked. After about an hour and a half trying to figure out how to disassemble the dashboard and door panel, we had the antenna fixed and the speaker out. After buying new door speakers and installing them, the tahoe is all happy once again.

There’s a DVD player in the Tahoe. They don’t work at the moment either. That’s a job for another time.

Little writing happened this weekend, but I’m alright with that. I’ll be jumping in hard and heavy tomorrow. Work will be hectic, but a good hectic. Not a crazy busy get 1000 things done, but busy enough with testing and tweaking. It’ll be a good week. I can tell.

Right now I am spent. As you’ve just read, long weekend filled with so much. I’m going to go to bed now.

Until Tomorrow!


Posted on April 22, 2012, in Blog Post, Daily Update. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: